[openbeos] Re: liblayout

  • From: Skye Poier <skye@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:11:35 -0800

Word on the street is that Erik Jakowatz said:
> People are already free to use liblayout, so there's really no need for
> us to throw it in.  Furthermore, the source (to my knowledge) is not
> available, which sort of defeats the purpose.  There will not be
> font-sensitive layout in R1.  It would require some kind of catastrophe
> for it to not be in R2, but it will definitely not be in R1.

However if liblayout were included in R1 it would clearly be a
"suggested best practise" and all cloned apps would be encouraged to use
it resulting in less work to do later... this should be added to
"Developer Guidlines" on the website as well.

Someone (a team lead) needs to contact Marco and find out if it can be
includedin OBOS in source form.  If not, it sounds like it can be
included in binary form with no problems.

Skye