[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V2 #30

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:13:33 -0800

>Erik Jakowatz wrote:
>
>>Hate to say it, 'cause folks have wanted [font-sensitive layout] for a
>long time, but it'll
>>have to wait until R2. =(
>
>Seems to me the easy solution is just to throw liblayout into the OBOS
>distribution and call it good.  (With Marco's permission, of course).
>That
>would provide support for existing programs (which would use the OBOS
>Interface Kit) as well as be the "recommended API" for new programs.

People are already free to use liblayout, so there's really no need for
us to throw it in.  Furthermore, the source (to my knowledge) is not
available, which sort of defeats the purpose.  There will not be
font-sensitive layout in R1.  It would require some kind of catastrophe
for it to not be in R2, but it will definitely not be in R1.

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams