[openbeos] Re: decoder config options

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:43:44 -0500

Gabriele Biffi wrote:
Ryan Leavengood wrote:
The only drawback is the resulting settings files are not easily
user-editable. But this could be resolved by including a simple
"Dumped BMessage Editor" utility for those who want to dig into them.
Plus this would be a useful developer tool. I haven't searched BeBits
but I suspect there is already applications like that written for
BeOS.

For config files, I would like to have them text only, maybe in a common format like INI files... or even XML if we want to follow the latest fashion.
Well, if it helps, there is a TextFile class in the LibWalter tree (@ OSDrawer) which provides some decent ReadLine()-type of functionality.

--DarkWyrm