[openbeos] Re: decoder config options

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:01:53 +0100

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
The only drawback is the resulting settings files are not easily
user-editable. But this could be resolved by including a simple
"Dumped BMessage Editor" utility for those who want to dig into them.
Plus this would be a useful developer tool. I haven't searched BeBits
but I suspect there is already applications like that written for
BeOS.

For config files, I would like to have them text only, maybe in a common format like INI files... or even XML if we want to follow the latest fashion.

However, it shouldn't be hard to adapt the Resource Editor for this job. Or using a resource file directly, turning it into a BMessage is fairly easy.

Gabriele