[openbeos] Re: Wow! Great beginning!

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:45:53 -0700

>There are more than 25 of us! That is 1/2 as many as was working at Be!

Woot!

(mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or to the list if you would prefer, your
>area of interest, what you want to do (develop, test, document, lead)
and (very briefly) what your qualifications are?

Great idea.

My name is Erik Jakowatz, email is erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  My primary
interest is the Interface Kit, but I'm prepared to throw down code
whereever it's needed.  I taught myself C/C++ programming at Borland
University (inside joke about the intern program at Borland) after
getting my BA in psychology.  It was a major career change, so I really
threw myself into programming to make it happen.

Since then, I've done a good chunk of Windows programming and spent the
last 2 1/2 years doing PalmOS development professionally.  I've been
programming for BeOS and deeply involved in a development tool project
since R3 x86 shipped.  I haven't done teamlead work *officially*, but
that's basically where I'm at professionally, so I wouldn't mind leading
a group.

I've never been a Mac/PPC user, but you can't have world domination
without it, so let's make BeOS on the G4 happen if we can!

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams