[openbeos] Re: Using GPL-ed sources as the reference

  • From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:33:04 -0400 (EDT)

I think your best bet is to contact the original authors of the code and
ask for permission to simply use their code as a point of reference.  If
they say yes, ask for it in writing :-)  If they say no, your probably
better of going elsewhere for that info (the BSD umass code?).  Even if
it's legal to look ove rthe code and use it as a reference, you probably
don't want to get on their bad side and risk anything.

Adam