[openbeos] Re: USB and PPC port.... I'm here to help... when I can...

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:57:28 -0600

> >Actually, OF knows nothing about PEF binaries. OF 3 can load COFF, X
> > -
> >COFF, Mach-O (I think), ELF, A.OUT, and some others, but *not* PEF.
> > OF
> >2, at the least, can load COFF and X-COFF. If all else fails, we can
> >make our loader in COFF.
>
> Damn the lack of data on this on Suns site!
> That would explain why when I try to excute a PEF it yells at me and
> says
> unsupported format or something like that. (been a while since I
> messed with
> it)

It's *Apple* OF that does this, not Sun's. Hence, the lack of data. Not
that apple documents it either. Do dev \ ls (Is that the command?), and
you'll see *-loader in one of the sub-dirs.

> >hehe. Actually, I think there may be 7 or so of us.
>
> Note: Just slightly higher than the number of people who can code in
> Fourth.
> :)

:P

> >:P And I think it was OS Chooser
> >in DR8 (I forget). See, not only am I the ppc user, I've been using
> >BeOS since DR8.2. :)
> >-Nathan
>
> *sigh* DR8... those were the days. I saw the screen-shots of DR8,
> loved the
> description, and the shots, and instantly became a follower. I still
> hold all
> my old MacUsers mentioning BeOS and Copland. It was PR2 when I first
> got my
> hands on a copy. And I haven't let go since.

Why didn't you get DR8? It came with the Jan. 1997 (or 96?) MacTech. Or
sign up as a BeOS dev. I got DR8.2, AAPR, PR1, PR2, R3, R4 beta, R4,
R4.5, and R5 for absolutely nothing :)
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice without
getting nervous.