[openbeos] Re: USB and PPC port.... I'm here to help... when I can...

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 00:31:30 CST

>First off, I've got about 3 major projects I'm closing down right now.
It'll
>be another few weeks before I can devote any time at all to OBOS.
(which is
>one reason I haven't signed up, or posted anything until now) I'd like
>prolong officially joining the team until I can be sure I have the
time to
>contribute. I don't want to be one of the people who's name gets
yanked and
>then mentioned on the Current News page. :-)
[snip-a-roni]

I'd like to make a comment about that one issue. Lest anyone get the
wrong idea, we've NEVER removed anyone from the project from a lack of
contribution. And quite possibly, we never will. People get busy from
time to time and have to deal with other affairs. That is
understandable. Our project is not a pressure-cooker and we don't go
after members, banging on their heads for output.

Every single member who was removed (at our behest) was the result of
no communication. It is perfectly fine for someone to mail their team
lead and say "I won't be able to get much done for next month (or
however long) because of other duties". But when they won't communicate
at all? There's little point in someone joining up and then never
responding to emails. That's what gets you off the list. Those who make
an effort and communicate what they're doing have nothing to fear.