[openbeos] Re: Suggestion - Status Roundup

  • From: Aaron Kavlie <bekavlie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:36:52 -0700

Like I said, e-mails to me have pretty much stopped entirely, so I could certainly take care of something like this. It seems that a status team would be a good idea -- Luke could do the newsletter status updates, I could do the IK team status, perhaps others. I don't know how much work it would be to do *every* team -- perhaps too much... but hey, we can add people. This is a non-technical position that would be easy to fill.

-Aaron

At 09:48 AM 11/14/2002 -0800, Erik Jaesler wrote:

I would love to have someone on my team (or as a member of a Status
Team) who's job it was to keep the various IK team status indicators
up-to-date:  completion info on the web page, tidbits for newsletters,
whatever.  In all honesty, in the hierarchy of things I have to get done
in the limited time I have, status updates come in dead last.  I have a
hard enough time finding time to code as it is! =\

>Sounds like the beginnings of a Status Team  :)
>
>--- Erik Jaesler <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> <*censored word*> even *I* found that informative, and I'm a team
>lead!  Luke, I
>> think you just volunteered yourself to cover this beat. =)

>> >What would be wrong with something like this:
>> >
>> >Team Updates
>> >
>> >    App Kit / Interface Kit:
>> >
>> >1. Many header issues resolved
>> >2. BClipboard is now passing tests
>> >3. DarkWyrm is hammering the font code into shape for prototype 7
>> >
>> >    Be File System Kit:
>> >
>> >1. Beta 3 available!!  (Virtual Memory must still be disabled
>> though)
>> >2. Currently taking a slight speed hit in comparison to BFS
>> >3. The BGA and Axel show continues... :-)
>> >
>> >    Creative Design Team:
>> >
>> >1. It appears the Creative Design Team is ramping up for production.
>> >
>> >     Game Kit:
>> >
>> >1. The GameSound classes have been submitted and work is happening
>> on
>> >the test apps for them.
>> >
>> >     Input Server Kit:
>> >(no mail list linked from the OBOS Project web site)
>> >
>> >     Kernal Kit:
>> >
>> >1. VM work continues
>> >2. PThreads / threading discussion
>> >3. Thread / Process Scheduler discussion
>> >
>> >     MIDI Kit:
>> >
>> >1. The MIDI Kit team now has a web site up at:
>> >http://home.concepts.nl/~hollies/midi/
>> >2. The midi1 kit and midi2 kit documentation from Be (what there is
>> of
>> >it at least) is posted on the team web site.
>> >
>> >     Media Kit:
>> >
>> >1. Marcus Overhagen brought us much closer to having a media kit.
>> :-)
>> >2. shatty (Andrew) is hoping to get a demultiplexer working "soon"
>> but
>> >has 'real life' commitments to meet that are keeping him  busy.
>> >
>> >     Networking Kit:
>> >
>> >1. It builds again, after fixing the Jamfiles and headers. Thanks
>> Marcus!
>> >2. More header and code rework to put some locking in place
>> >
>> >     ScreenSaver Kit:
>> >(no mail list linked from the OBOS Project web site)
>> >
>> >     Storage Kit:
>> >
>> >1. Nothing on the email list so far this month... I'm sure Ingo and
>> >Tyler are just busy coding :-)
>> >2. The progress page on the Storage Kit web site shows more and more
>>
>> >classes implemented.
>> >
>> >     Preference Applications Kit:
>> >
>> >1. These guys just punch out the code, but very quietly.  Check out
>> >their web site at:  http://obos.gravity24hr.com/index.php  to get
>> more
>> >information. (application by application)
>> >2. There are tons of CLI applications posted that interested coders
>> can
>>
>> >tackle (check the "Jobs {Command Line}" link, listed under "Modules"
>> on
>>
>> >the left of their web page)
>> >
>> >     Printing Kit:

> [...]

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. -William Pitt, British prime-minister (1759-1806)