[openbeos] Re: Suggestion - Status Roundup

  • From: Aaron Kavlie <bekavlie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:51:26 -0700

As did I. At first I thought it was a fictional "ideal" report, even -- I didn't know that much was going on.

This is something I might be able to take care of, as I've had almost nothing to do re: OBOS since the website was changed to reflect out current recruiting method.

Then again, I don't want to co-opt this job if Luke wants to take care of it.

-Aaron

At 05:45 PM 11/13/2002 -0800, you wrote:

Dang, even *I* found that informative, and I'm a team lead!  Luke, I
think you just volunteered yourself to cover this beat. =)

>What would be wrong with something like this:
>
>Team Updates
>
>    App Kit / Interface Kit:
>
>1. Many header issues resolved
>2. BClipboard is now passing tests
>3. DarkWyrm is hammering the font code into shape for prototype 7
>
>    Be File System Kit:
>
>1. Beta 3 available!!  (Virtual Memory must still be disabled though)
>2. Currently taking a slight speed hit in comparison to BFS
>3. The BGA and Axel show continues... :-)
>
>    Creative Design Team:
>
>1. It appears the Creative Design Team is ramping up for production.
>
>     Game Kit:
>
>1. The GameSound classes have been submitted and work is happening on
>the test apps for them.
>
>     Input Server Kit:
>(no mail list linked from the OBOS Project web site)
>
>     Kernal Kit:
>
>1. VM work continues
>2. PThreads / threading discussion
>3. Thread / Process Scheduler discussion
>
>     MIDI Kit:
>
>1. The MIDI Kit team now has a web site up at:
>http://home.concepts.nl/~hollies/midi/
>2. The midi1 kit and midi2 kit documentation from Be (what there is of
>it at least) is posted on the team web site.
>
>     Media Kit:
>
>1. Marcus Overhagen brought us much closer to having a media kit.  :-)
>2. shatty (Andrew) is hoping to get a demultiplexer working "soon" but
>has 'real life' commitments to meet that are keeping him  busy.
>
>     Networking Kit:
>
>1. It builds again, after fixing the Jamfiles and headers. Thanks
Marcus!
>2. More header and code rework to put some locking in place
>
>     ScreenSaver Kit:
>(no mail list linked from the OBOS Project web site)
>
>     Storage Kit:
>
>1. Nothing on the email list so far this month... I'm sure Ingo and
>Tyler are just busy coding :-)
>2. The progress page on the Storage Kit web site shows more and more
>classes implemented.
>
>     Preference Applications Kit:
>
>1. These guys just punch out the code, but very quietly.  Check out
>their web site at:  http://obos.gravity24hr.com/index.php  to get more
>information. (application by application)
>2. There are tons of CLI applications posted that interested coders can

>tackle (check the "Jobs {Command Line}" link, listed under "Modules" on

>the left of their web page)
>
>     Printing Kit:
>
>1. Michael Pfeiffer posted news of changes he made to the Printer
>Preferences application to select and add a local printer.  He says
that
>USB is untested. (any brave souls want to do some testing?)
>2. Print_Server Beta 3 coming soon? (or did I just miss it?)
>
>     Translation Kit:
>(no mailing list activity)
>

>Michael Phipps wrote:
>> Pros:
>>      Potential encouragement to the community
>> Cons:
>>      Whining from the community
>>      Takes a fair amount of extra time
>>      Those who the information can *help* already know it
>>

>> This is what the betas should do for us. You can tell statuses from
those.
>> If there is a beta, it is nearly done. If not, it isn't. Several
things have beta'ed.
>> Others should be soon. Some can not due to their interwoven nature.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. -William Pitt, British prime-minister (1759-1806)