[openbeos] Re: PHP and Apache; was Re: Firefox in Haiku gcc4

  • From: "Jonathon Freeman" <j_freeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:25:27 -0600

> > I'm also a Web developer, and I'm interested in getting PHP 5 running on
> > Haiku. Unfortunately my C skills are wanting. I tried compiling it in
> BeOS
> > Max 4 a few months back but didn't have any luck. That said, I'd
> definitely
> > be willing to put in some time to get this working.
>
> Using a Haiku GCC4 cross compiler build environment like Fredrik did
> for Firefox would probably make this job easier. If no one beats me to
> it I will see about writing a document on how to do this. Of course we
> may even have a natively hosted GCC4 build environment within the next
> few months, as several Haiku developers are interested in this.

Well curiosity got the best of me, so I decided to have another go tonight.
Only had a few problems, but I was able to successfully compile PHP 5.2.5
without default extensions (./configure --disable-all).

The main problem I had was missing POSIX headers (search.h, features.h, and
fnmatch.h). Should I open up some enhancement tickets in Trac about those?
Only one modification to the PHP source was required, and that was over an
undefined MSG_PEEK.

Now I'm going to work on getting the extensions built too.

Regards,

Jonathon