[openbeos] Re: (No Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:26:37 +0100

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:51:37 +0200

Hello Chris,

actually, I don't understand why you are offended. Your original mail asked
a question, after two month of discussion regarding icons. Like if those
two months didn't happen (I know you've been subscribed). I found that a
bit strange, but I answered anyways. I was brief (because I don't feel like
starting the discussion over again), and even apologized for that.
I find it strange that you make statements like we are a bunch of ignorant
selfish developers. Haiku is five years old now, the discussion about
themes has come up. We have limited resources, don't you understand that
simple fact? We try to reason with you and explain our choices, and you get
offended.

> I want (sorry, would like) to be able to sync.
> my mobile phone via bluetooth with Haiku, run it on a laptop and connect
> via wireless, etc.  I appreciate this may not be the goal of R1 but to
> simply dismiss it with a "well I don't do it so I can't imagine anyone
> else would want to" repsonse is very disappointing.

That's totally in your head, since you imagine a reply to a post you never
wrote. We were talking about theming your icon set. Not about syncing your
mobile phone. Yeah, I would like to do that myself. And on my priority
list, it would be above implementing theming, that's all.

The argument was "I know a lot of people who don't theme their desktops,
including myself." The argument was not "I couldn't imagine anyone else
would want to". It was simply ment to put your "we absolutely need theming"
argument into perspective. Because we don't *absolutely* need it to be
useful.

Best regards,
-Stephan