[haiku] Naming suggestion for Haiku boot loader

  • From: cran666@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:00:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Haiku developers,

I'd like to make a naming suggestion for the Haiku boot loader. This may
sound kind of stupid, but I just came up with this nice idea and thought
I'd share it.

I'd name that boot loader "halo" (for Haiku loader).

The word is short and easy to remember. It sounds nice and has some witty
connotations, like bright and superhuman and things like that. It's also
kind of a pun on lilo, but in contrast to that, also has "stand-alone"
meaning as a word. It creates atmosphere. That could be motivating.

Ok, maybe you think this is actually irrelevant. Well, I just really like
naming and see sense in it.

Well then, discuss.

cran

PS: Why are you using Evil Analytics on your web page? It really scares me
off. Couldn't you switch to something less frightening, like Piwik or so?