[openbeos] Re: Monitor Support & co

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 18:30:48 -0500

> In all seriousness (for those who haven't
> followed this thread all the way through), I
> just wanted ideas and opinions, which I most
> definitely got. I've had a lot to mull over
> and I think I've got things figured out on the
> road to take once we get to R2, or at least a
> working app_server. My appreciation and thanks
> to you all. :D

I'd like to just state that it is great to see the people involved in
_actual_coding_ are asking for forward-looking inputs.  But those of
you in the trenches must also remember that they are just that,
inputs.  We must remember the days of old where squabbling over issues
could eat up the BeDevTalk mailing list for weeks and degenerate into
flames.

Looking for inputs - a great step above and beyond your already giving
nature of your time!  But remember, you are the ones _doing_ these
things.  This _is_ OpenSource.  You must take those _inputs_ and make a
decision on them yourselves.  Set what you do as the "standard" or
whatever.  Team leaders must put a foot down at one point and make the
decisions, regardless of whether the discussion still rages on.  Less
we degenerate into arguments and never accomplish anything.

Okay, you all probably all know this, and I'm sure you agree.  But I
just wanted everyone to realize that just because you have an input on
what you want, it doesn't mean it needs to be that way "or else".  Just
stating for the record that we will be happy with whatever you decide
to do, if only because you stepped forward to do it.  :)

Deej