[openbeos] Re: Midi_server update

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:32:31 +0200

Greg reported:

> I want to share a bit of info with my success with the midi_server.
> I submitted some code to Jerome to fix (my) bug in the mpu401 module,
> and also designed a better and more flexible method of 'workarounds'
> for specific audio cards.  So now the Creative cards ( SBLive,
> Audigy, Audigy2) all have working gameport midi.

Very nice!

< I did some testing on Haiku, and the midi_server is working nicely.
> Several midi apps started right up and I was able to send and
> receive midi data to my keyboard.   Some apps still don't work,
> but I suspect that it is due mostly to the lack of the softsynth.

I love these screenshots!
Does MeV launch already? I guess showing its classy visual interface will be
very impressive!

PS: Something is wrong about the font engine: for small font size, characters
sometimes are glued together, as in the Pulse CPU's "Mhz" in Greg's
screenshots. Any idea why? (I used to look better before - and more compact,
no?).

Bye,
Greg Crain