[openbeos] Midi_server update

  • From: gsc70@xxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Crain)
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 14:38:12 +0000

Hi,

I want to share a bit of info with my success with the midi_server.   I
submitted
some code to Jerome to fix (my) bug in the mpu401 module, and also designed a
better and more flexible method of 'workarounds' for specific audio cards.  So
now the Creative cards ( SBLive, Audigy, Audigy2) all have working gameport
midi.

I did some testing on Haiku, and the midi_server is working nicely.   Several
midi apps started right up and I was able to send and receive midi data to my
keyboard.   Some apps still don't work, but I suspect that it is due mostly to
the lack of the softsynth.

A few screenshots of some running apps that show the published device, and
also, some keyboard notes that I played:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gsc70/screen5.png
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gsc70/screen10.png
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gsc70/screen13.png

Bye,