[openbeos] Re: Me, Myself, and I

  • From: "Jonathan Tarbox" <jtarbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:27:36 -0600

Not like I posted the headers themselves or described the contents..  And I
wouldn't hold my breathe on it being open sourced.  At most, it'd be
licensed to BeUnited and you'd still have to sign a NDA to work on it and,
again, be unable to release the source.

Which leads me again to the media_kit api question.. he's right, I can't add
my decoder (nor could he release the ffmpeg stuff he did) due to the API's
we used were all non public.. We had to sign NDA's to access them.  Can
someone on the media_kit team of OBOS contact me with any details please, as
I do wish to port my variant of the opendivx decoder to OBOS.  Need to know
the basic API calls to hook onto.. what color depths to support.. how to
enable overlay.. etc..

btw, I have no idea why those APIs are private..

-jtarbox