[haiku] Re: LightWave 3D for BeOS... and Haiku?

  • From: Ari Haviv <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:24:49 -0400

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Marco <marcogb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear scottmc,
>
> There's no free list of some sort out there?  I don't really feel like
> paying $35 (excl. shipping costs), unless the ToC mentions everything I need
> to know.  Anyway, I saw mention of Cinema 4D in the ToC  I wonder, has
> anyone tried that under Haiku?

I have the book. Here's the story. There was a lot of buzz (not necessarily
official announcements) at the time for all kinds of apps such as maxon,
lightwave, steinberg, bryce, nuendo  and others but their plans were dropped
after the Focus Shift. Maybe some stories were a bit more complicated (I
heard rumors that some actually wanted $ from Be)  but in the end, none of
these apps were ever released.