[haiku] Re: Images (+audio, +video) for demo package

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:11:58 +0100

Hi Sean!

collinsautomotive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, on Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:52:51 -0500:
>    Not big on artwork but a friend of mine is a grahpic artist. I
> will ask him if he is interested.
> Any particular format ? PNG,JPG ?

High quality JPEG would probably be best. From there I can resize and
convert.

>    Is there a preferred format ? ogg,wav,mp3 ?? I have some ideas and
> I can not only create
> but I have a huge library of samples that are open liscensed for
> useage so no problems
> there.

I'm not much into audio, but as with images high quality though
compressed would be the best compromise wrt file size. So MP3 or OGG
hen?

>     Since Haiku is fast, well integrated and easy to use. I think the
> ideal model for a person
> might be a athelete. Maybe even a female athelete as Haiku is good as
> multitasking. I know
> a woman with a very sultry voice that would be perfect for system
> announcements, Mail etc

Personally I prefer sounds instead of voices for events, but that's of
course a matter of taste. Also, I would only use very few event sounds
(USB un/mount and IRC nick), but other people may want more... :)

>      What do youthink about mental imagery ?

I have a bit of trouble imagining the sound of a female athlete.
Grunting and heavy breathing may quickly lead you down a whole other
path... :)

>    I was thinking something along the lines of a flyswatter bug
> zapper for the debugger alerts.
>
>   Is this the type of stuff you had in mind ?

Sure. Whatever you can come up with.
Some other random thoughts:
* Use a higher pitched, lighter sound effect for positive events, lower
pitched, darker for negatives.
* Come up with different levels of positivity/negativity. Like sharper
and softer sounds.

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette