[haiku] Re: Images (+audio, +video) for demo package

  • From: collinsautomotive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:52:51 -0500

On 11 Feb 2011 at 10:31, Humdinger wrote:

> Hi Sean!
>

> GCI is over. But system sounds would also be perfect for the audio demo
> package.
> Original images suitable as backgrounds would be equally nice for the
> image package, BTW.

   Not big on artwork but a friend of mine is a grahpic artist. I will ask him
if he is interested.
Any particular format ? PNG,JPG ?

> I don't think we'll come easily to a set of official sounds for Haiku.
> But as long as we don't set default sounds, people creating a few
> different sounds for different events would be a nice first step to at
> least provide a few audio files for the user to choose from.
>
> Eventually, we could hold a kind of contest like with the vector icons,
> where everyone could enter a set of sound themes into the competition.
> I have the feeling, though, that not as many people have the
> equipment/software to produce high-quality original sounds than were
> able to come up with something in Icon-O-Matic.
>
> Anyway, I'd be excited to hear your stuff, Sean!
> As for the types of sounds, I like'em short and unobtrusive. Doesn't
> really matter if it's electronic or real world samples or a
> combination. Just have a consistent idea behind it that is recognizable
> in the theme for all the different events. Oh, and not something
> stereotypical Japanese just because the name's "Haiku". :)
>
> Regards,
> Humdinger

    I wasn't thinking kabukki theater if that's what your implying.

   Is there a preferred format ? ogg,wav,mp3 ?? I have some ideas and I can not
only create
but I have a huge library of samples that are open liscensed for useage so no
problems
there.

    If Haiku was a person What kind of person would haiku be ? The idea I have
for sounds is
that they should create a mental picture through audio stimulation that matchs
the intended
percpetion of the system.

    Since Haiku is fast, well integrated and easy to use. I think the ideal
model for a person
might be a athelete. Maybe even a female athelete as Haiku is good as
multitasking. I know
a woman with a very sultry voice that would be perfect for system
announcements, Mail etc

     What do youthink about mental imagery ?

   I was thinking something along the lines of a flyswatter bug zapper for the
debugger alerts.

  Is this the type of stuff you had in mind ?

   Sean