[haiku] Re: Images (+audio, +video) for demo package

  • From: "Sean Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:40:16 +0000

> Sean Collins, on Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:51:16 +0000:
> >   Gotcha, mood music. Ok easy enough.
>
> :)
>
> >    I am still thinking about Haiku theme sounds.
> >
> >    BTW I can provide those types of clips as stems so that a end
> > user
> > could mix them together.
>
> That is a nice idea. Although currently there is no application one
> could use for that, is there?
> Clockwerk isn't really suited to exactly align tracks for music
> production and the old BeOS 3DMixer doesn't work so well.
>
> There once was a nice little app, I think "Duckpond" where you could
> load sounds in different tracks which would play back on a button
> click. Provided were samples of ducks so you could simulate a
> duckpond.
> :)
> That would be fun, but also not really suitable for actual music
> tracks.
> But if you hold on to those "stems" (never heard that word), maybe
> it'll be useful in the future.
>
> Regards,
> Humdinger

>       Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette
>         http://haiku-gazette.blogspot.com

   think of Stems as Tracks. Each tracks is considered a stem, and the
samples therein are also stems.

   Like a tree, a bunch of stems make a song. Its studio vernacular. I
think its more of a protools convention that everyone just sort of
adopted.

   I am looking at the problem of a DAW, very complicated.

   Sean