[haiku] Re: Haikuware & BeBits gone missing...?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 21:21:22 -0700

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 09:03:40PM -0400, Matt Madia wrote:
> On 7/11/13, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Am 11.07.2013 09:55, schrieb Alexander von Gluck IV:
> >> Lets hope the funds didn't run out :\
> >
> > ... or that it wasn't caused by some fundamental rift about package
> > management being a good idea or not.
> >
> > I hope it's nothing permament. But if it is,
>
> IMO, Karl is more professional than to simply pull the plug on a vital
> community resource. Plus there's also the issue of having roughly
> (IIRC) $2,000 USD in unclaimed bounty money, which if unused for the
> intended purpose could possibly become a legal issue. Anyways, I hope
> this is merely a billing issue (or something similarly minor) and that
> Karl is healthy, happy and safe.

I haven't heard back from Karl, and he's previously been pretty good
at responding to my problems, queries and comments.  I hope he's OK.
Maybe just on holiday, or something.

While I was chasing the issue yesterday, I saw several other sites that
seemed to be hung off the allyourbits.com server, and they've all gone.
So it sounds as if it's not specific to Haikuware.  Would be nice to
have better information, though.

        -- Pete --