[haiku] Re: Haikuware & BeBits gone missing...?

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 23:06:46 +0200

Am 11.07.2013 22:57, schrieb pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
If the loss is permanent, it seems to me pretty much of a disaster!
*Is* there another repository (where people can actually conveniently
upload projects)?

At least I was talking about supposedly upcoming repositories that host packages in the new format. I.e. those that will be used when the PM branch is merged eventually. Then we need a front-end to discover software, and some mechanism to publish it as a developer.

Frankly I'm getting worried that Haiku has stalled, and as it's very
important to me, that's scary...

I don't quite see where you get this idea from, with all the recent spike in activity due to the package management contracts.

Granted, some of the old "core developers" have nowhere near the output that they used to have. Some of that is due to their new family lives. Some of it is because they previously worked at jobs that had them code on Haiku pretty much full-time. Maybe this greatly distorted the impression of how fast a "spare time" project can move forward with so many developers.

Best regards,
-Stephan