[haiku] Re: Haiku User Groups

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:55:39 +0200 CEST

Le Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:17:17 -0600, Nickos V a écrit :

> I looked at Jorge's Japan Haiku HUG mock-up and looked too much
> likeOfficial
>  Haiku site - easy to think they represent Haiku in Japan.  This I
> believe
>  would be bad because there is no control of HUGs by Haiku.  Better
> to make
>  them look somewhat different so people can tell which is the
> official site.
> Suggestions:1) different background (and menu?) color(s)2) noticeable
> 5) Have HUG accept terms & conditions of proper use - with Haiku
> allowed to
> revoke use at any time or for misuse.6) Not profit from Haiku logo.
> Should

I don't know about other countries but I suppose there is a similar
way...

In France the non-profits are usually "associations loi 1901", which
are supposed to have written statuses, deposited at the local
administration, and which describe their "object" (their purpose), and
their bylaws.

A possibility then is to require users of the trademark to include put
as their "object" the "support of the Haiku operating system and their
developers" or something alike.

François.