[haiku] Re: Haiku R1 Alpha 2 installation problem

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:51:08 -0600

> However, Alpha 2 seems not to like my notebook, although the Alpha 1 works
> fine.
>
> About your questions:
>
> a) Yes, my notebook has WiFi. I do not need it, but I found no way how to
> deactivate it in the BIOS configuration. I need the normal LAN with the cable.
>
> b) I deactivated ACPI.
>
> I tried to search for some keywords in the ticket list, but I had no luck.
> The problem is that I see no error message. Therefore I do not know what to
> search.

The best advice is to follow instructions here:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/ReportingBugs

You should file a ticket for the issue.

Including a syslog when computer freezes (without safe options) would be
best to show exactly what is going on with your netbook.

There is a way to save syslog to FAT32 usb drive but I have not tested it.

syslog is actually found in /boot/common/var/log

Another weaker option is to provide on-screen debug output but syslog
is the standard method for filing tickets.

Regards,

Win $10,000 from Hotmail! Enter Here.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9729708