[haiku] Re: Haiku R1 Alpha 2 installation problem

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 08:32:56 -0600

> With some modes I even come until the installation process.
> But then, while copying one of the first files, the system stops without any
> error message.

Which file does it stop copying?
Read here for issues with Alpha 2:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha2/ReleaseAddendum

Do all of the programs run off the CD with safe mode?

> R1 Alpha 1 worked fine.
> It is the same notebook. I did not change any hardware.

Your issue might be either (my guesses):
A) WiFi conflict
b) ACPI (you disable this in safe-mode?)

There were other changes to Haiku which could also affect you.
Did you search the tickets for similar hardware & issue?
http://dev.haiku-os.org

Bye,

Win $10,000 from Hotmail! Enter Here.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9729708