[haiku] Re: Haiku R1 Alpha 2 installation problem

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 16:51:50 +0200

Hi,

On 2010-05-22 at 14:51:03 [+0200], Miroslav Stimac <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> The advice regarding SPACE is helpful.
> Now I know how to enter this special mode.
>
> However, I did not manage to install Haiku R1 Alpha 2.
> I tried many different configurations (I also tried to deactivate
> everything) in the safe mode, but all failed.
> Furthermore, I noticed that the system stops at different steps.
>
> With some modes I even come until the installation process.
> But then, while copying one of the first files, the system stops without
> any error message.

It definitely sounds like a regression in Haiku that's affecting you. I don't
think you can do anything on your end, unless one of the safe-mode options
works, but it sounds like you've tried them all. If you build your own image,
you could try removing some wireless driver, perhaps you can find which one
would be responsible for your hardware.

Best regards,
-Stephan