[openbeos] Haiku Icon set ...

  • From: Begasus <Begasus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:27:14 +0100

Well I for one still think it's strange to change the whole icon feel in
Haiku ...
Most of you know that I'm working on a Icon Theme (based on an existing
ubuntu SVG icon them 'Human' for ZETA) ... when switching to a differant
icon format I think you made it pretty hard for people to work with Themes
to change the existing one ...
There is no standard format that can be used in Haiku (SVG) so that makes
it even harder for people working on Theming for Haiku ...
Now you could say that it's way to early to work on Haiku Theming ... but
that's not what I would like to see in the future ..
I'm not a graphics artist by any means ... but I do have some skills in
WonderBrush that lead me to where I am now (and I still think WonderBrush
is one of the best products I ever bought for BeOS/ZETA), on the other hand
if I look at IconOMatic I am blown with numbers etc in a way that I can use
just graphical stuff in WonderBrush for thos ...
The point I'm making is .. who/how can someone create a iconset for Haiku
in the future ..... (if not for some knowlidge in C++ etc) ...
If you know how to change stuff (icons) in ZETA it's fairly easy to change
the whole UI ... my point is ... how will this be done in Haiku in the
future? (pre R1)

Regards

Begasus aka Luc Schrijvers