[openbeos] Re: Haikiu icon

  • From: "Jeremy Rand" <jrand@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:16:47 -0500

Now, I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but where did the leaf on the
water
graphic on the website come from in the first place?  The reason I ask is that
I am 99%
sure I saw it prominently displayed on the Air Canada website,
http://www.aircanada.com/
at one time.  Or perhaps it was their Aeroplan website,
http://www.aeroplan.com/ which is
their awards program.  I just went to these two websites now and the leaf
graphic didn't
seem to be there anymore.  They must have redesigned their sites.

When the new Haiku website was announced, I noticed the _very_ close similarity
but I
didn't worry too much about it.  But to include it in the product itself could
be very
risky if there is any issues about its legality.  And I really don't want to
accuse anyone
of anything malicious at all but if that graphic did come from a non-free
source, it could
be a serious problem.  If not, I like the graphic alot (not that my vote
matters as much
as many others).

--
Jeremy Rand