[openbeos] Re: GUI / Programming Standards

  • From: "Richard Crawford" <richardcrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 16:48:15 PST

>Hi All,
>
>I have applied to join the Preferences team this weekend, and just to
>brush up on my Be and C++ Programming skills, I decided to take a
chance
>that no one was already doing it and re-write the Keyboard preference
>panel.
>
>I have nearly finished it, and I have copied the BeOS one exactly, but
>it made me wonder are other people being as "religious" as me?
>
>Are other people putting their names/pet company logo's in OpenBeOS
>software???
>Are other people changing a few things here and there, to add a blue
>slider instead of a grey one???
>
>If people are doing this it won't take long before we have an OS that
is
>like a garage sale (Hmmm reminds me of Linux :) )
>
>I personally think that individual peices of software should not be
>creditited to the author other than in the "About OpenBeOS" menu and
on
>the web site, this should keep it as tidy as possible, but I
understand
>that others may have a different point of view.
>
>Are there any programming or GUI or programming standards that the
>OpenBeOS team are sticking to?
>
>Should there be a person who is assigned to this?
>
>Thanks
>
>Andrew Edward McCall
>mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Andrew,

        I am not on the OpenBeOS team, just listening in here, but I do
agree with you. OpenBeOS should be very professional, non-garage-
looking (please!). I hope that credit is given to this project as an
entire team effort, with all the teams working together, instead of
individual credit trips.

        --Richard