[openbeos] Re: our own language -- sure

  • From: "James Mayfield" <cube148@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:36:49 -0500 (EST)

> Is squirrel not an option?
>
> I have personally not touch it, but it was supposed
> to ease up GUI development for BeOS.

i have messed around with it...its interesting.

Personally, I am much more excited (as a non-c++ coder, but wiling to
learn) by python and the likes of bethon.
python/bethon tinkering has made the be api infinitely more accessible
for me.  I think if people are serious about putting gui coding in the
realm of beginners, or making a way to quickly mock up larger,
inevitably c++ apps, help with bethon...help to create a graphic design
environment for it...As a beginner myself, I can make simple gui apps
with python.bethon..from scratch..hehe..which is tons more than i can
say for c++..