[openbeos] Re: Font Sensitivity

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:10:40 +0200

Gregor Rosenauer wrote:

> We might even use a liblayout++ in OBOS R1, would be a
> *lot* easier to code without all the coordinate-and-font-size-stuff,
>  and it would certainly speed things up and improve the
> end-result.

I agree 100% here. The good old GEOS had this all done
already, so the UI never looked "yanked up". BeOS _has_ to
address this, because not even the Tracker file copy dialog
copes when you increase the font size.

IMHO, that _HAS_ to be part of R1, simply because it's a bug
that needed fixing years ago.

Just my 0.02,

Helmar

--
Sonork S.R.L. |  Professional Instant Messaging Software
Where email is inefficient and the phone  too expensive!