[openbeos] Re: Driver support...

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 20:17:06 +0200 CEST

Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm curious as to how OpenBeOS is going to handle driver support.
> Are
> there plans to try and rewrite all the hardware drivers available
> under
> R5?  Or, since one of the goals is binary compatability, is it jus
> planned to reuse the drivers that came with R5?

We will try to rewrite the ones that are still commonly needed and
extend them to support the latest hardware - examples for this are not
only IDE, but also graphics drivers, USB, FireWire, networking drivers,
sound drivers etc.
As you can see in the repository, there are already some of them.

Adios...
   Axel.