[openbeos] Re: Driver support...

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <n.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:50:09 +0200

> well - i wont argue with you but i don't see anything in the infos box
> to say that its from be either.  anyway - if realtek can redistribute
> this file i figure so can obos, right?

True. I believe it is distributed under a free license. The point is
that
probably due to network changes network drivers will probably need to be
designed differently. (There will be a compatibility layer -- don't
worry). Thus a real 'free' driver will be modifiable. Secondly, it is
one
of my first driver projects, and next to the fact that I have this piece
of hardware, it is also properly documented. These are my motives.

Niels