[openbeos] Re: Cosmoe is back

  • From: "Niklas Nisbeth" <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:49:14 +0100

On 2/7/07, Bill Hayden <hayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Niklas Nisbeth wrote:

How Tux specific is this? Is it something that could be .tgz'd and used on
*BSD?

At one point it compiled and run on MacOS X and NetBSD, but that is no
longer possible.  It uses some Linux-specific API to do some of the "harder"
low-level work that wasn't available in earlier versions of Cosmoe.

I trust you did this out of necessity and not out of ill will towards
the BSD community. Good luck with your project!

Interesting project over all, I must say... although it will of course
ultimately be useless, once Haiku reaches R1 and Linux dies the
horrible, painful death it deserves :)
Well, if BeOS had just been open-sourced we wouldn't have to go through all
this mess, be it with Haiku or Cosmoe.

Very true... to think where we'd be today.

Pier Luigi Fiorini wrote:
If you don't like Linux don't use it and shut up, please.
Haiku will face driver lack problems for ever, but Cosmoe has got the
BeOS API, faster GUI than any traditional X11 desktop and a kernel
that is improved every day with good hardware support.

Some very sensitive types, these peguinophiles... We can sling mud off
list, if you like... Let's just say I did Linux, tried BSD, wiped some
HDs and didn't look back.

Love,
/Niklas