[openbeos] Re: Cosmoe is back

  • From: Bill Hayden <hayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:55:20 -0500

On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Niklas Nisbeth wrote:

How Tux specific is this? Is it something that could be .tgz'd and used on *BSD?

At one point it compiled and run on MacOS X and NetBSD, but that is no longer possible. It uses some Linux-specific API to do some of the "harder" low-level work that wasn't available in earlier versions of Cosmoe.

Interesting project over all, I must say... although it will of course
ultimately be useless, once Haiku reaches R1 and Linux dies the
horrible, painful death it deserves :)

Well, if BeOS had just been open-sourced we wouldn't have to go through all this mess, be it with Haiku or Cosmoe.

Thanks,
Bill Hayden
Hayden Technologies, Inc.
(352) 222-TECH