[openbeos] Re: Booting problems...

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 13:18:23 +0100

On 2006-02-02 at 15:44:10 [+0100], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Thanks to Marcus, my system is boring and just works :-)
> > Not so much luck over here. My system hangs before the desktop is
> > shown. I
> > will try to give more info... I have no Internet at home for the
> > moment and
> > cannot even try with the current tree.
>
> Oh, since when do you have these problems?

The problem disappeared, I can boot Haiku again. The following problems
remain:

- the keyboard only works every other boot. That is, in the Terminal.
Pressing f12 let's me type in the kernel debugger just fine, while I
couldn't type in the Terminal.

- the system locks up pretty soon after boot when I run from the
powersupply (that interrupts thing).

- When I run off the battery, the system is pretty stable, though when I
tried to shut it down once, the Terminal wouldn't quit and couldn't be
killed by pressing the Kill Application button. The next time, shutting
down worked just fine. APM works too (yay! and Axel, I loved how you added
a shutdown KDL command :-).

Best regards,
-Stephan