[openbeos] Re: Booting problems...

  • From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:01:38 -0500

Rudolf wrote:

Hi guys!

Found the  boot problem on my dual P3 system!!

Adam: please mount the haiku partition (or whatever) and delete the MTRR support: file
add-ons/kernel/cpu/x86/generic_x86

Leave the drivers all intact, and now try to boot Haiku. Over here it's perfectly OK now. No need to disable SMP even!

Axel: could you please checkout MTRR support for dualCPU systems? is there something that needs extra attention?

Thanks!!

Rudolf,

Thanks for the tip. Removing that gets Haiku working again. The Radeon driver doesn't initialize, but I think that's more due to the fact that my 9600AS isn't supported (at least I had to add the PCI ID to the driver from bebits, so I may look into doing that with the driver in my copy of the Haiku source tree).

Adam