[openbeos] Re: Booting problems...

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 13:50:03 +0100 CET

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem disappeared, I can boot Haiku again. The following
> problems
> remain:
> - the keyboard only works every other boot. That is, in the Terminal.
> Pressing f12 let's me type in the kernel debugger just fine, while I
> couldn't type in the Terminal.

That's a known problem of the driver - sometimes keyboard doesn't get
picked up. Since the driver now works completely different, it's now
still possible to drop into the kernel debugger by pressing F12.

> - the system locks up pretty soon after boot when I run from the
> powersupply (that interrupts thing).

Ah well, still the same over here, as well.

> - When I run off the battery, the system is pretty stable, though
> when I
> tried to shut it down once, the Terminal wouldn't quit and couldn't
> be
> killed by pressing the Kill Application button. The next time,
> shutting
> down worked just fine. APM works too (yay! and Axel, I loved how you
> added
> a shutdown KDL command :-).

I'm afraid all your love must go to Ingo :-)
I really wanted to add one when I added APM support, but Ingo already
beat me when he added shutdown support to the PPC (via OpenFirmware
call).

Bye,
   Axel.