[openbeos] Re: BeIDE Projects?!

  • From: "Manuel Jesus Petit de Gabriel" <freston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:44:51 -0800

> I don't particularly care for Make, either. I used it, though with
ScreenSaver
> and found it to be pretty painless with Be's engine.
>
> Never the less. For all but the kernel (and that for now), unless someone
> has a really good reason not to, I want to go with what Ithamar suggests.
> Because a) he redesigned the whole thing, b) it makes developer's lives
> easy and c) there is no answer that everyone will like. :-)
>
> AFA BeIDE projects, well, I don't care if people want to include them, but
> I think that the Jam files should be included as well. IOW - you can use
BeIDE
> if you want, but Jam files are required.

Just my two cents... i don't usually feel in agreement with Nathan's rants
but i
think he's quite right in this one. Be it make or jam or any other such tool
of
the same fashion, anything but binary project files like the BeIDE ones.
They do not scale beyond one developer; as anyone that has worked
on big projects that uses "project files" has already found out.

Just my opinion and  my personal experience.

manuel,