[openbeos] Re: Back to the basics.

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:45:15 +0100 (MET)

Are you nuts ?
Device drivers are not the place for fancy things like localisation,
there's already enough bugs that result in system corruption to avoid adding
ones =)
Yes windows has everything translated even in the driver, again that's a reason
to do like Windows.
And even for driver names, maybe there could be a database or something
(I mean a text file listing the translated names), so the user can understand
what it's about, but anyway drivers shouldn't interact directly with users.