[openbeos] Re: Back to the basics.

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:30:10 +0100 (MET)

> Sorry if this already came up here (I didn't see it at least), but
> shouldn't we agree in a way to make localization of the whole system
> easy? And I don't mean only user level stuff, but low level stuff
> too.
> Any ideas?

I am working indepently of OpenBeOS R1 on a Locale Kit for BeOS which
will be part of OpenTracker (and be published under the same licence as
OpenBeOS).

I think it will be finished well before R1, so we can then think of
adapting all preferences applications and system directories to it (if
everybody likes it).

I will introduce the design & headers of the Kit also on BeDevTalk &
Glass-Elevator, open for discussion, in the next weeks.

Adios...
   Axel.