[haiku] Re: AW: Re: white screen on boot up

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:25:07 -0600

> it´s obviously not KDL because KDL isn´t a white screen. It´s just a
> complete white screen with no symbols or anything else on it. The screen
> starts with "normal" white and becomes brighter and brigher... In other
> words I can´t see anything except white.
>
> The appropriate Ticket (ID #6570) has been created.

That looks like a graphics driver issue; intel_extreme was changed
here:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/38329
which falls between the revisions you stated.

Try safe-mode:
1) fail-safe video mode + resolution of 800x600x32

That will choose VESA driver and set the display to supported
video mode (to avoid using an unsupported mode).

Since the bootscreen shows correctly (uses VESA mode) then you should
be able to use VESA mode to run Haiku also.

The cannot find boot partition error seems like another bug because
the intel_extreme issue should not cause this type of error.

You probably have two bugs:
white screen (graphics driver) and boot partition not found (PANIC).

Follow 6559 and report any extra information you find, which is not
already in 6570, to 6559.