[haiku] Re: AW: Re: white screen on boot up

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 02:00:21 +0200

Hi,

Alpha one works
Alpha two works but crashes after 20 seconds
Revision r37184-x86gcc2 works
Revision r38581-x86ggc2 doesn´t work - white screen

So the problem exists somewhere between revision r37184 and r38581. The
screen starts with "normal" white and gets brighter and brighter. The hard
disk is working all the time so it looks like Haiku is booting.

So there are like 1400 revision inbetween. I am too lazy to compute how many revisions you'd have to test using binary searching, but you don't have to test all 1400. Hint, hint. ;-)

One of my machines is an EEEPC 701 4G.

I had the same white screen on BeOS R5 with some unsupported SIS graphic
cards a few years ago.

Then maybe it's the graphics driver. Tried booting with forced VESA yet?

I found another bug in revision 37184 when I move the media player window
around while I´m watching a movie file the player crashes. This bug is
reproducible.

Let's please focus on one thing.

Best regards,
-Stephan