[openbeos] Re: 3ivx tester

  • From: <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:03:11 +0100

David McPaul said:

> Ok I will definately try and get you a haiku native version.
> I have never been able to test the SSE2 and higher routines.
> They should be fine, but I had to port NASM 2.01 and hold
> gcc 2 hand a bit when compiling under BeOS so something
> might be broken.

Based on past experience with Mesa Software Renderer optimized SSE2 code,
Haiku kernel had (still have?) an issue with SSE. That why this renderer
is currently built only with MMX.

Maybe this issue has been fixed since, though.
Otherwise, MP4 support will make a better incentive to hunt the issue than a
spinning teapot...
;-)

- Philippe