[openbeos] Re: 3ivx tester

  • From: Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems <dane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 09:27:07 -0600

Hi David,

Ok, thanks for the update. I'm interested in the MP4 support, for sure, including streaming MP4, so if that day comes, let me know and I'll do all I can to help!

Dane

David McPaul wrote:
Scott,

Sorry, I have only ported the video encoder/decoder part ie the MPEG-4
ASP encoder/decoder (which handles DIV3-DIV5 and XVID) in AVI or MOV
since BeOS only has AVI and MOV extractors.

I want to turn the MP4 reader I wrote for Haiku into a MP4 extractor
for BeOS which would then need an AAC decoder.

In the works is an AVC (H264) encoder/decoder although I think that
needs p-threads support but AVC is also only found in MP4 files.

Hmm I guess an MP4 extractor should be done next.

An MP4 writer is probably beyond me for a while.  I don't get a lot of
BeOS programming done these days.

On 09/02/2008, Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems <dane@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi David,

I don't know if my CPU has that capability, but I'd definitely be
interested in experimenting with the MP4 audio side of things.  Let me
know if I can help.

Dane Scott

David McPaul wrote:

Hello,

Would anyone like to do some testing of the 3ivx encoder/decoder for
BeOS.  (See www.3ivx.com)

I am particularly interested in anyone who has a CPU that can run SSE2
or greater instructions.