[openbeos] Re: 3ivx tester

  • From: cyanh256@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 13:02:42 GMT

> Would anyone like to do some testing of the 3ivx encoder/decoder for
> BeOS.  (See www.3ivx.com)
> I am particularly interested in anyone who has a CPU that can run
> SSE2
> or greater instructions.

Though I'm a little busy at the moment, I'd be interested in doing some
tests, on the encoding side in particular (I've never really had much
luck encoding MPEG4 video + in-sync sound under BeOS).

This CPU should support SSE2 -- it's a fairly recent Core 2 Quad.
Is it okay to use these instructions under BeOS though? (in terms of
whether the kernel saves/restores the necessary registers...)

- Cyan