[haiku-web] Re: Renaming mailing list before R1

  • From: "Jorge Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:10:21 -0700

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Gavin James <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> 2008/8/19 Austin Bales <arbales@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Does haiku presently used shared hosting? It might be worth investigating
>>> low-cost VPS (a la slicehost) since Haiku's web presence and network demands
>>> continue to grow.
>>
>> Hosting is currently not an issue. We will move to another host before
>> October, but this has to be coordinated a bit more. When the alpha 1
>> discussion dies out (a little bit), I will activate this topic.
>
> I offered to do this a few months back and I'm certainly still willing
> to do it. I've moved the Drupal installation before so I'm well aware
> of what needs to be done as well as the likely issues.
>
> Regardless of who does it I'd strongly suggest it's done either well
> before the release of alpha 1 of well after. With October pretty much
> being a fixed deadline (that's when the WebFaction accounts are up for
> renewal) it makes more sense to get it done now IMHO.

I think what happened is that we were going to try to do the server
migration and upgrade to Drupal 5.x at the same time. But it does not
look like we are upgrading Drupal anytime soon, so we might as well do
the server migration and get over with it first (that way we can kiss
WF goodbye!). IIRC, we will have to migrate the email (to Gmail?),
right?

Gavin: I can help with the migration of the website. Let me know when
and how you want to do it.

Jorge