[haiku-web] Re: Renaming mailing list before R1

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:32:01 +0200 CEST

"Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/8/14 Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > as we are talking about R1, shouldn't we drop the word "OpenBeOS"
> > before we get to it?
> I think this is a good idea indeed :)
>
> You'll want to mention this on the respective lists, however. I'm not
> sure who even has admin rights to the various lists, perhaps Axel or
> Ingo?

There is no "OpenBeOS" mentioned on openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx And as you
can imagine, mailing list names itself cannot be just changed.
We would actually need to create a new list, and ask everyone to
resubscribe.
BTW Michael Phipps gave me admin access to openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, just
in case there is some issue.

> > Some mailing list are still addressed as openbeos, plus on CIA the
> > name
> > of the project is OpenBeOS and not HAIKU.
> Another good point. I don't even know who set this up and manages it.

Me neither. And I'm not sure it can easily be changed (or else it
probably would have been changed already).

Bye,
   Axel.