[haiku-web] Re: Renaming mailing list before R1

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:14:13 +0000

2008/8/17 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Maybe, as list admin, can get in touch with freelists to see whether
>> it is absolutely impossible to change the name. They might have a
>> procedure to do this kinds of things.
>
> I received an answer from freelists.org: they generally don't rename
> lists, as the process is manual.
> However, they are offering us to make an exception for
> openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, since we're with them for so long, and the list
> is rather large (they also mentioned that the process is not terribly
> reliable, whatever that means).
> They asked us to provide the new name and a date when the change should
> be carried out.
> Is haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx okay, and if so, can it be carried out right
> now?

I'm more in favour of haiku-user@xxxxxxxxxxxx , but I have nothing
against haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Perhaps setting up a date, like the 1th of September should be ok, if
that's ok with
the freelist team, so that we can make an announcement with the current name.

As for the other mailing list, since the traffic seems to be _very_
low, we can just close
and create new ones with standardized name, like haiku-<topic>@freelist.org.

Regards,
--